I feel spoiled these days with our weekly produce delivery from Winder Farms. We always seem to have avocados, mangoes, and kiwis on hand these days. This week our box had 4 yummy stalks of rhubarb. Pies are dear to my heart. In lieu of wedding cake, my husband and I had many delicious pies (a la mode of course), one of which was a strawberry rhubarb. Here is my attempt at making a strawberry, mango and rhubarb pie for my amazing husband of 4+ years.
Strawberry Mango and Rhubarb Pie
1 c. Jiffy baking mix (why? b/c I ran out of flour)
1/4 c. melted butter
2-3 tablespoons boiling water
1 large mango
1/2 lb strawberries
2 large stalks rhubarb
2 tablespoons honey
1/2 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
Squeeze of lemon juice
2 tablespoons corn starch
Pinch of salt
1 c. Jiffy baking mix
1/3 c. milk
1 tablespoon of brown sugar
1. Preheat the oven to 350.
2. Mix bottom crust ingredients together in a bowl put in 9 inch pie dish. Set aside.
3. Chop the rhubarb, strawberries, and mango into bite-sized pieces.
4. In a large bowl toss the fruit with the corn starch, honey, vanilla, salt, and lemon juice. Hands work best!
5. Fill the pie with the fruit mixture.
6. Mix Jiffy baking mix and milk together and drop mixture by tablespoonfuls over the pie.
7. Sprinkle brown sugar over the top and bake at 350 until the top is golden brown, about 50 minutes.